Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Only through the Eucharist is it possible to live the heroic virtues of Christianity


"Once the army of men who hated Christ came to Assisi. They meant to destroy the city. St. Clare carried the Blessed Sacrament outside the convent. Only her sisters were around her. But the great army saw her coming. They turned and fled in panic."- Rev. Daniel A. Lord, S.J. (1888 – 1955: was a prolific and popular American Catholic writer.)

Gospel Text: (JN 6:30-35)
The crowd said to Jesus:
"What sign can you do, that we may see and believe in you?
What can you do?
Our ancestors ate manna in the desert, as it is written:

He gave them bread from heaven to eat."

So Jesus said to them,
"Amen, amen, I say to you,
it was not Moses who gave the bread from heaven;
my Father gives you the true bread from heaven.
For the bread of God is that which comes down from heaven
and gives life to the world."

So they said to Jesus,
"Sir, give us this bread always."
Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life;
whoever comes to me will never hunger,
and whoever believes in me will never thirst."

We all want to meet Jesus. We want to have a closer friendship with Jesus. We want to have more of Jesus in our lives. We have to come to the right place, to the Eucharist. The best place to meet Jesus is in the Eucharist. Each time before we receive Jesus in the Eucharist we want to be as pure as possible. If you want to be intimate with Jesus he tells us how,


Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him. (John 6:56)

No comments:

Post a Comment