Monday, July 2, 2018

“In every single thing you do, you are choosing a direction. - Your life is a product of choices.”


“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” ― J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Gospel Text: (MT 8:18-22)
When Jesus saw a crowd around him,
he gave orders to cross to the other shore.
A scribe approached and said to him,
"Teacher, I will follow you wherever you go."
Jesus answered him, "Foxes have dens and birds of the sky have nests,
but the Son of Man has nowhere to rest his head."
Another of his disciples said to him,
"Lord, let me go first and bury my father."
But Jesus answered him, "Follow me,
and let the dead bury their dead."

We make choices and decisions every day of our lives: large and life­ changing, small and insignificant. 

How do we make these choices and decisions?

To follow Jesus does not mean to be an ordained minister in the Church or to be truly active in the parish. To follow Jesus means to do the best I can in living out his Gospel message in my life, whatever my life may be.

What is God's will for me in my life? What is God's will for me today? How did I show the love of God today? How did I show love for my neighbor today?

No comments:

Post a Comment