Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Jesus is truly present at Mass. Are you?


What does it matter where we go? Wherever we go, won't we be serving God there? And wherever we go, won't we have Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament with us? Isn't that enough to make us happy? – Blessed Solanus Casey: (1870 – 1957: born Bernard Francis Casey – was an American Roman Catholic priest)

Gospel text: (JN 6:35-40)
Jesus said to the crowds,
"I am the bread of life;
whoever comes to me will never hunger,
and whoever believes in me will never thirst.
But I told you that although you have seen me,
you do not believe.
Everything that the Father gives me will come to me,
and I will not reject anyone who comes to me,
because I came down from heaven not to do my own will
but the will of the one who sent me.
And this is the will of the one who sent me,
that I should not lose anything of what he gave me,
but that I should raise it on the last day.
For this is the will of my Father,
that everyone who sees the Son and believes in him
may have eternal life,
and I shall raise him on the last day."

God has a different vocation in mind for each one of us, and we won’t be strong enough to do what God wants from us unless we become more like Him. We become more like God by receiving the Body and Blood of Jesus, which helps us know and do the will of God the Father. Pray that we will be faithful to God, and use the strength that we receive from the Holy Eucharist not for ourselves, but to do the will of God our Father in Heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment