Saturday, November 26, 2016

“Keep vigilance over your hearts because the devil is astute. He is never cast out forever. It will only be so on the last day.”


“We too need to guard the faith, guard it from darkness. Many times, however, it is a darkness under the guise of light. This is because the devil, as saint Paul, says, disguises himself at times as an angel of light.”– Pope Francis: (Homily, 1/6/2014)

Gospel Text: (LK 21:34-36)
Jesus said to his disciples:
“Beware that your hearts do not become drowsy
from carousing and drunkenness
and the anxieties of daily life,
and that day catch you by surprise like a trap.
For that day will assault everyone
who lives on the face of the earth.
Be vigilant at all times
and pray that you have the strength
to escape the tribulations that are imminent
and to stand before the Son of Man.”

This preparation does not involve stocking up on canned goods or bottled water nor does it involve complacency.  This involves preparing with my heart and my behavior, reflecting on my faith and assuring that I am living it every day.  It means that my decorations and the “perfect” gifts under the Christmas tree are futile without my heart and soul being ready to embrace all that Jesus has to offer. It means living the gospel in every aspect of my life. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment