Thursday, November 8, 2012

Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved.


If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same.  – Jesus Christ

(Gospel Text: LK 15:1-10)
The tax collectors and sinners were all drawing near to listen to Jesus,
but the Pharisees and scribes began to complain, saying,
"This man welcomes sinners and eats with them."
So Jesus addressed this parable to them.
"What man among you having a hundred sheep and losing one of them
would not leave the ninety-nine in the desert
and go after the lost one until he finds it?
And when he does find it,
he sets it on his shoulders with great joy
and, upon his arrival home,
he calls together his friends and neighbors and says to them,
'Rejoice with me because I have found my lost sheep.'
I tell you, in just the same way
there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents
than over ninety-nine righteous people
who have no need of repentance.

"Or what woman having ten coins and losing one
would not light a lamp and sweep the house,
searching carefully until she finds it?
And when she does find it,
she calls together her friends and neighbors
and says to them,
'Rejoice with me because I have found the coin that I lost.'
In just the same way, I tell you,
there will be rejoicing among the angels of God
over one sinner who repents."

The Parables today suggest that we care for and communicate with others who are not active members of our Christian Faith communities. We live the Gospel message by extending a loving concern, and support for people who have not embraced “the good news” found in the life and examples of Jesus Christ, “Rejoice with me because I have found my lost sheep.” 

Sometimes the best thing to do when we are lost is to stop wandering and to wait.

One summer day, a beautiful orange and yellow butterfly landed on my right knee. As I remained still, the butterfly stayed on my knee for what must have been ten minutes. The wind was strong and I watched this butterfly grip to my leg to withstand being swept away by the wind. When the wind had calmed down and I twitched my knee, the butterfly fluttered away into the beautiful forest ahead of me. When you see your family and friends faulting, be at peace and simply wait patiently and pray. God loves them more then you do and He will address what needs to be addressed, in His time and in His way.

God the Father has loved us so much that He sent His Son, Jesus, to die for us. We are loved infinitely, perfectly, and eternally.

No comments:

Post a Comment