Monday, December 4, 2017

“When you open your heart with a quiet mind love rushes in.”


Open your heart - open it wide; someone is standing outside. - Mary Engelbreit: (born June 5, 1952 is a graphic artist and children's book illustrator)

Gospel Text: (MT 8:5-11)
When Jesus entered Capernaum,
a centurion approached him and appealed to him, saying,
"Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, suffering dreadfully."
He said to him, "I will come and cure him."
The centurion said in reply,
"Lord, I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof;
only say the word and my servant will be healed.
For I too am a man subject to authority,
with soldiers subject to me.
And I say to one, 'Go,' and he goes;
and to another, 'Come here,' and he comes;
and to my slave, 'Do this,' and he does it."
When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him,
"Amen, I say to you, in no one in Israel have I found such faith.
I say to you, many will come from the east and the west,
and will recline with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob
at the banquet in the Kingdom of heaven."

Knowing our faith and believing in the message of Jesus is not a joke, it is not something that we should take lightly… but we are called to believe… we are called to have faith.

We need to pray for the courage to listen to the Truth even when it is painful… even when it stretches us… and asks us to step out of our comfort zone.

I pray that I never get so set in my ways that I fail to be able or unwilling to listen and accept the Truth… even when it challenges me to change.

Some find it difficult to listen to prophecy and to the teachings of the Church because it disturbs us, it causes us to question our life style and it challenges us to examine our real commitment to the Catholic Faith.

Let us pray for the courage to speak the Truth and to accept the Truth….and nothing but the Truth, so help us God.


No comments:

Post a Comment