Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"I’ve noticed that everyone who is for abortion is already born." - Ronald Reagan

Many people are very, very concerned with the children in India, with the children in Africa where quite a number die, maybe of malnutrition, of hunger and so on, but millions are dying deliberately by the will of the mother. And this is what is the greatest destroyer of peace today. Because if a mother can kill her own child - what is left for me to kill you and you kill me -- there is nothing between. - MOTHER TERESA, Nobel Lecture, Dec 11, 1979

(Isaiah 49:8-15) Thus says the LORD:
In a time of favor I answer you,
on the day of salvation I help you;
and I have kept you and given you as a covenant to the people,
To restore the land
and allot the desolate heritages,
Saying to the prisoners: Come out!
To those in darkness: Show yourselves!
Along the ways they shall find pasture,
on every bare height shall their pastures be.
They shall not hunger or thirst,
nor shall the scorching wind or the sun strike them;
For he who pities them leads them
and guides them beside springs of water.
I will cut a road through all my mountains,
and make my highways level.
See, some shall come from afar,
others from the north and the west,
and some from the land of Syene.
Sing out, O heavens, and rejoice, O earth,
break forth into song, you mountains.
For the LORD comforts his people
and shows mercy to his afflicted.

But Zion said, "The LORD has forsaken me;
my Lord has forgotten me."
Can a mother forget her infant,
be without tenderness for the child of her womb?
Even should she forget,
I will never forget you.

Isaiah prophesied the above message from the Lord God over 2,500 years ago. At that time, abortion was unheard of. Children were considered blessings from the Lord. The strongest possible human bond was that which existed between mother and child. Yet even then, some mothers "forgot" their children and allowed them to be sacrificed to pagan gods (e.g. Lam 4:10).

At present, surgical and chemical abortions occur in staggering numbers. In some countries, women abort more than twice as many babies as they keep, whether voluntarily or by coercion. Often men pressure women to "eliminate" the "mistake" by having an abortion. Entire generations of children have grown up knowing that mothers forget and abort their children. Is it any wonder masses of people don't realize God loves them? (Is 49:14)

Isaiah's stirring prophecy rings even more true today. God "will never forget you" (Is 49:15). "God has said, 'I will never desert you, nor will I forsake you' " (Heb 13:5). Yet how many of these confused souls will never pick up a Bible, much less find these consoling prophecies?

Help hurting people to know God will never forget them.

No comments:

Post a Comment