Monday, November 29, 2021

“The real presence of Christ in the Eucharist is the Christian doctrine that Jesus Christ is truly present in the consecrated Host by a Catholic Priest, not merely symbolically or metaphorically, but in a true, real and substantial way….. Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity!!….Sadly, according to a recent Pew Research Study 69% of all self-identified Catholics said they believed the bread and wine used at Mass are not Jesus, but instead "symbols of the body and blood of Jesus Christ." The other 31% believed in the real presence of Jesus in the Eucharist, known as transubstantiation………Once you believe Jesus is truly present at the Mass, you will NEVER miss Mass, in fact, you will do your best to go to Mass daily, which in turn will change your life……..This Advent as all we prepare for the coming of the Child Jesus this Christmas and if you are part of the 69% noted in this most recent Pew poll……May I suggest a daily Advent practice to you?.....Say this simple prayer every night before you go to bed…”Jesus, I do not believe that you are truly present on the alter in the Mass, but I want to, help my unbelief”…If this is said sincerely and consistently, your eyes will be opened and your life will change in ways you never imagined…….Prepare your hearts for Christ this Christmas, the reason for the season.”

 

Gospel Text: (Mt 8:5-11)

When Jesus entered Capernaum,
a centurion approached him and appealed to him, saying,
“Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, suffering dreadfully.”  
He said to him, “I will come and cure him.”  
The centurion said in reply,
“Lord, I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof;
only say the word and my servant will be healed.
For I too am a man subject to authority,
with soldiers subject to me.
And I say to one, ‘Go,’ and he goes;
and to another, ‘Come here,’ and he comes;
and to my slave, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.” 
When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him,
“Amen, I say to you, in no one in Israel have I found such faith. 
I say to you, many will come from the east and the west,
and will recline with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob
at the banquet in the Kingdom of heaven.”

 

Advent is a time when we especially ponder the great mystery of the Incarnation.  It’s a time when we especially ponder the mystery of God coming and dwelling with us in physical form.  Though this happened over two thousand years ago, it continues to take place at each and every Mass.  And at each and every Mass we are called to express the same faith as this Roman centurion.

 

Reflect, today, upon your faith in the coming of Christ in the Most Holy Eucharist.  Each Mass is a manifestation of the God-Man who came to live among us and live within us.  If we but have the faith of this centurion, we, too, will be blessed by our God beyond measure.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment