Wednesday, July 29, 2020

“Let us never forget to pray. God lives. He is near. He is real. He is not only aware of us but cares for us. He is our Father. He is accessible to all who will seek Him.”

 

“I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day.” ― Abraham Lincoln: (1809 – April 15, 1865) was an American statesman and lawyer who served as the 16th president of the United States from 1861 to 1865

 

Gospel Text: (JN 11:19-27)

Many of the Jews had come to Martha and Mary
to comfort them about their brother [Lazarus, who had died].
When Martha heard that Jesus was coming,
she went to meet him;
but Mary sat at home.
Martha said to Jesus,
“Lord, if you had been here,
my brother would not have died.
But even now I know that whatever you ask of God,
God will give you.”
Jesus said to her,
“Your brother will rise.”
Martha said to him,
“I know he will rise,
in the resurrection on the last day.”
Jesus told her,
“I am the resurrection and the life;
whoever believes in me, even if he dies, will live,
and anyone who lives and believes in me will never die.
Do you believe this?”
She said to him, “Yes, Lord.
I have come to believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God,
the one who is coming into the world.”

 

Reflect, today, upon your daily prayer life.  Do you pray?  Perhaps you say a few prayers here and there.  But do you pray?  Do you take time to stop everything else, fall on your knees and be still in the presence of our divine Lord?  Doing this will do more for your life and the lives of others than if you worked non-stop 24/7.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment