Tuesday, July 23, 2019

“Obedience to God is the mark of true saving faith.”


“No one can say yes to God's ways who has said no to his promises and commandments. Acceptance of the will of God comes in the daily submission under his Word.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer, My Soul Finds Rest: Reflections on the Psalms by Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Gospel Text: (MT 12:46-50)
While Jesus was speaking to the crowds,
his mother and his brothers appeared outside,
wishing to speak with him.
Someone told him, "Your mother and your brothers are standing outside,
asking to speak with you."
But he said in reply to the one who told him,
"Who is my mother?  Who are my brothers?"
And stretching out his hand toward his disciples, he said,
"Here are my mother and my brothers.
For whoever does the will of my heavenly Father
is my brother, and sister, and mother."

If you strive for obedience to the will of the Father in your life, you will also share in the blessings of His life.  One of those great blessings is to share His mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment