Friday, May 18, 2018

“If you love Christ, never be ashamed to let others see it and know it. Speak for Him. Witness for Him. Live for Him.”


The aim of all Christian education, moreover, is to train the believer in an adult faith that can make him a "new creation", capable of bearing witness in his surroundings to the Christian hope that inspires him. -Pope Benedict XVI

Gospel Text:(JN 21:15-19)
After Jesus had revealed himself to his disciples and eaten breakfast with them, he said to Simon Peter,
"Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?"
Simon Peter answered him, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love you."
Jesus said to him, "Feed my lambs."
He then said to Simon Peter a second time,
"Simon, son of John, do you love me?"
Simon Peter answered him, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love you."
He said to him, "Tend my sheep."
He said to him the third time,
"Simon, son of John, do you love me?"
Peter was distressed that he had said to him a third time,
"Do you love me?" and he said to him,
"Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you."
Jesus said to him, "Feed my sheep.
Amen, amen, I say to you, when you were younger,
you used to dress yourself and go where you wanted;
but when you grow old, you will stretch out your hands,
and someone else will dress you
and lead you where you do not want to go."
He said this signifying by what kind of death he would glorify God.
And when he had said this, he said to him, "Follow me."

To feed is to give others what they need to help them grow – not just physically, but what they need to grow in ‘wisdom and grace’.


How do we help another grow in their understanding of Jesus and his words?  How do we help another grow in their desire to turn toward God for inner strength?  How do we nurture another to grow in their awareness that they belong to God?  How do we lead Jesus’ sheep to a deeper relationship with God?

No comments:

Post a Comment