Thursday, August 10, 2017

“Selflessness. - It should be the basis of every relationship. If a person truly cares about you, they'll get more pleasure from the way they make you feel, rather than the way you make them feel.”


“Above all the grace and the gifts that Christ gives to his beloved is that of overcoming self.” ― Francis of Assisi: (1182 – 1226: was an Italian Roman Catholic friar, deacon and preacher.)

Gospel Text: (JN 12:24-26)
Jesus said to his disciples:
"Amen, amen, I say to you,
unless a grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies,
it remains just a grain of wheat;
but if it dies, it produces much fruit.
Whoever loves his life loses it,
and whoever hates his life in this world
will preserve it for eternal life.
Whoever serves me must follow me,
and where I am, there also will my servant be.
The Father will honor whoever serves me."

In the gospel, Jesus tells us we will be asked to give much in following and serving him. The reward will be great, but there still must be the giving of ourselves. A prayer attributed to St. Ignatius of Loyola fits today and my goal to be a cheerful giver.



Dearest Lord,
teach me to be generous;
teach me to serve You as You deserve;
to give and not to count the cost,
to fight and not to heed the wounds,
to toil and not to seek for rest,
to labour and not to ask for reward
save that of knowing I am doing Your Will.
Amen





No comments:

Post a Comment