Thursday, February 1, 2018

“I do not fear at all what men can do to me for speaking the truth. I only fear what God would do if I were to lie”


I never shrink from any undertaking which I know is good and necessary, no matter what the difficulties. If, for example, I must see some unfriendly important person, I don’t hesitate, but first I recite a Hail Mary. I do the same before calling on anybody. Then, come what may, I do my best and leave the rest to the Lord.- St. John Bosco: (1815 -  1888: popularly known as Don Bosco was an Italian Roman Catholic priest, educator and writer of the 19th century.) 

Gospel Text: (MK 6:7-13)
Jesus summoned the Twelve and began to send them out two by two
and gave them authority over unclean spirits.
He instructed them to take nothing for the journey but a walking stick
–no food, no sack, no money in their belts.
They were, however, to wear sandals but not a second tunic.
He said to them,
"Wherever you enter a house, stay there until you leave from there.
Whatever place does not welcome you or listen to you,
leave there and shake the dust off your feet
in testimony against them."
So they went off and preached repentance.
The Twelve drove out many demons,
and they anointed with oil many who were sick and cured them.


What are those things that weigh us down as we journey through life?  What are those things that get in our way of doing God’s work?  Do we have the courage to go where we are sent, to move on when it is time, to take rejection, to lead and to serve when it is difficult and inconvenient, to do work for the greater glory of God? 


Do we have the courage? 

No comments:

Post a Comment