Friday, May 19, 2017

“Something happens whenever you sacrifice.”


“Prayer joined to sacrifice constitutes the most powerful force in human history.” – Pope Saint John Paul II: (1920 –2005: was Pope from 1978 to 2005. He is called by some Catholics Saint John Paul the Great)

Gospel Text: (JN 15:12-17)
Jesus said to his disciples:
"This is my commandment: love one another as I love you.
No one has greater love than this,
to lay down one's life for one's friends.
You are my friends if you do what I command you.
I no longer call you slaves,
because a slave does not know what his master is doing.
I have called you friends,
because I have told you everything I have heard from my Father.
It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you
and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain,
so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you.
This I command you: love one another."


Jesus had a profound understanding of human nature and had to settle many a conflict among his disciples. His solution was sacrificing self by means of Love. “No one has greater love than this, to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.” (John 15:13) Jesus never lost confidence in loving us! May we continue to believe that Love Overcomes All!

No comments:

Post a Comment