Thursday, May 6, 2021

“Good works are not the cause of us entering into heaven; good works are the evidence of our love for God. Faith in Christ always results in good works. Obedience to God is the mark of true faith…..God sees ahead……….Whatever He tells you Do It! Like Mary told the servants at the wedding ceremony of Canaan.”


Gospel Text: (Jn 15:9-11)

Jesus said to his disciples:
“As the Father loves me, so I also love you.
Remain in my love.
If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love,
just as I have kept my Father’s commandments
and remain in his love.

“I have told you this so that
my joy might be in you and
your joy might be complete.”

 Reflect, today, upon your immediate interior reaction to holy obedience. If you do find yourself resistant in any way to this teaching of Jesus, then that is a good sign that you need this teaching more than you may know. Try to look at obedience in the light of truth. Try to see that, deep down, your soul yearns for obedience and the interior order it brings. Examine, especially, any areas of obedience you struggle with and firmly recommit yourself to unwavering obedience to each and every command of our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment