Wednesday, February 20, 2019

The truth is: love heals.


“When I stand before thee at the day's end, thou shalt see my scars and know that I had my wounds and also my healing.” ― Rabindranath Tagore: (1861 – 1941: was a Bengali polymath, a poet, musician and artist from the Indian subcontinent)

Gospel Text: (MK 8:22-26)
When Jesus and his disciples arrived at Bethsaida,
people brought to him a blind man and begged Jesus to touch him.
He took the blind man by the hand and led him outside the village.
Putting spittle on his eyes he laid his hands on the man and asked,
“Do you see anything?”
Looking up the man replied, “I see people looking like trees and walking.”
Then he laid hands on the man’s eyes a second time and he saw clearly;
his sight was restored and he could see everything distinctly.
Then he sent him home and said, “Do not even go into the village.”

The story of the blind man invites us to allow Christ and His saving presence to touch our lives, to bring us light, to help us see the beauty of our lives in Christ. The touch of Jesus can and does allow us to see the movement of God in our lives, even in and through the wounds we carry.

No comments:

Post a Comment