Sunday, November 25, 2018

No matter who is President, Jesus is King….


He who has never learned to obey cannot be a good commander. —Aristotle: (384–322 BC: was an ancient Greek philosopher and scientist)

Gospel Text: (JN 18:33B-37)
Pilate said to Jesus,
"Are you the King of the Jews?"
Jesus answered, "Do you say this on your own
or have others told you about me?"
Pilate answered, "I am not a Jew, am I?
Your own nation and the chief priests handed you over to me.
What have you done?"
Jesus answered, "My kingdom does not belong to this world.
If my kingdom did belong to this world,
my attendants would be fighting
to keep me from being handed over to the Jews.
But as it is, my kingdom is not here."
So Pilate said to him, "Then you are a king?"
Jesus answered, "You say I am a king.
For this I was born and for this I came into the world,
to testify to the truth.
Everyone who belongs to the truth listens to my voice."


In Christ, who reigns from the Cross, we have the King who wants us to share in His victory, by our entering into His life and imitating Him through His grace. God only offers you His grace: He does not force it upon you. God’s grace will flow around you, if you divert it from your life. But on the other hand, God’s grace is always there, ready to flood your life, to destroy only sin and the power of death. No matter how many times we divert God’s grace, God has another plan for allowing His grace to reach its goal: to allow each of us, living in that grace, to rest in God’s divine love for all eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment