Wednesday, October 3, 2018

You can make excuses or you can make progress. You choose.


Never make excuses. Your friends don’t need them and your foes won’t believe them. – John Wooden: (1910 – 2010: was an American basketball player and head coach at the University of California at Los Angeles.)

Gospel Text:(LK 9:57-62)
As Jesus and his disciples were proceeding
on their journey, someone said to him,
"I will follow you wherever you go."
Jesus answered him,
"Foxes have dens and birds of the sky have nests,
but the Son of Man has nowhere to rest his head."
And to another he said, "Follow me."
But he replied, "Lord, let me go first and bury my father."
But he answered him, "Let the dead bury their dead.
But you, go and proclaim the Kingdom of God."
And another said, "I will follow you, Lord,
but first let me say farewell to my family at home."
Jesus answered him, "No one who sets a hand to the plow
and looks to what was left behind is fit for the Kingdom of God."

There’s a part of us that would rather stay locked in our sins and in our weakness, either because we fear the changes that holiness would bring or, even worse, we find holiness unappealing.

Excuses are the tool of Satan, which keeps Christian’s from doing the will of God!

No matter what obstacles you may face, God wants you in the race! 

No comments:

Post a Comment