Sunday, May 13, 2018

“A holy life has a voice. It speaks when the tongue is silent, and is either a constant attraction or a perpetual reproof. “


Jesus tapped me on the shoulder and said, Bob, why are you resisting me? I said, I'm not resisting you! He said, You gonna follow me? I said, I've never thought about that before! He said, When you're not following me, you're resisting me. --Bob Dylan - (May 24, 1941: is an American singer-songwriter)

Gospel text: (JN 17:11B-19)
Lifting up his eyes to heaven, Jesus prayed saying:
“Holy Father, keep them in your name that you have given me,
so that they may be one just as we are one.
When I was with them I protected them in your name that you gave me,
and I guarded them, and none of them was lost
except the son of destruction,
in order that the Scripture might be fulfilled.
But now I am coming to you.
I speak this in the world
so that they may share my joy completely.
I gave them your word, and the world hated them,
because they do not belong to the world
any more than I belong to the world.
I do not ask that you take them out of the world
but that you keep them from the evil one.
They do not belong to the world
any more than I belong to the world.
Consecrate them in the truth. Your word is truth.
As you sent me into the world,
so I sent them into the world.
And I consecrate myself for them,
so that they also may be consecrated in truth.”

Do the captives still need liberty proclaimed to them; the blind need their eyes opened; the oppressed need to go free? Absolutely!

There will always be a need to bring the light of Christ into the darkness around us; to bring mercy into our world. By virtue of our baptism (Christening) we are called to be a Christ.

We stand on the shoulders of giants –those who answered the call of Christ from the first moments, we are the beneficiaries of their labors in the vineyard of the Lord. “How beautiful upon the mountain are the feet of those who being good news.” (Is 57:7)

No comments:

Post a Comment