Friday, April 27, 2018

“Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength.”


The future is not in our hands. We have no power over it. We can act only today. We have a sentence in our Constitution that says: 'We will allow the good God to make plans for the future - for yesterday has gone, tomorrow has not yet come and we have only today to make Him known, loved and served.' So we do not worry about the future. - Mother Teresa: (1910 – 1997: Founded the Missionaries of Charity)

Gospel Text:(JN 14:1-6)
Jesus said to his disciples:
“Do not let your hearts be troubled.
You have faith in God; have faith also in me.
In my Father’s house there are many dwelling places.
If there were not,
would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?
And if I go and prepare a place for you,
I will come back again and take you to myself,
so that where I am you also may be.
Where I am going you know the way.”
Thomas said to him,
“Master, we do not know where you are going;
how can we know the way?”
Jesus said to him, “I am the way and the truth and the life.
No one comes to the Father except through me.”

Anxiety seems to be one of the signs of our times.  We live in a world punctuated with “breaking news”, almost always bad!  People’s worries are blasted across social media on a daily basis. Uncertainties give birth to hostilities and kindness is often crushed in angry tirades and twitters.  Today’s words from Jesus go straight to the heart of our anxieties and offer comfort.


Today let us together simply take great comfort in the words of Jesus; “Do not let your hearts be troubled.”  Together let us simply be quiet within our hearts in the presence and comfort of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment