Saturday, October 7, 2017

So many think they will be happy when... but the truth is that without inner peace, we have nothing ... nothing.


Let nothing disturb you,
Let nothing frighten you,
All things are passing away:
God never changes.
Patience obtains all things
Whoever has God lacks nothing;
God alone suffices.

-- St. Teresa of Avila

Gospel Text: (MT 11:28-30)
Jesus said:
"Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened,
and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,
for I am meek and humble of heart;
and you will find rest for yourselves.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden light."

Physical labor tires our body. Stress, distress and tensions tire our mind. Sin and guilt tires our soul. Rest really is meant to be a totally refreshing renewing experience. And this is possible only when I am assured that all my sin is washed away, all my tensions and worries and distress of the mind are removed and my body is relaxed.


It is to such an experience that Jesus is calling us when He invites us to rest in His presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment