Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Trust is letting go of needing to know all the details before you open your heart.


'The more you abandon to God the care of all temporal things the more He will take care to provide for all your wants. But if on the contrary you try to supply all your needs Providence will allow you to continue to do just that, and then it may very well happen that even necessity will be lacking to you. For God will reprove you for your lack of faith in reliance on self.' - St. Jean-Baptiste de la Salle

Gospel Text: (MT 11:28-30)
Jesus said to the crowds:
“Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened,
and I will give you rest. 
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,
for I am meek and humble of heart;
and you will find rest for yourselves. 
For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.”

Yes, Jesus calls us to take his yoke upon our shoulders, which is a sign of submission and an acceptance of abject vulnerability, but it is, in our case, only a surrender to God, a readiness to belong to Him and to learn, a childlike dependence and willingness to let God love us into life by His forming us in His ways. 

Where do I need to make that surrender, to change my ways into His?  Where do I need to learn to depend on God at every moment and in every way? 

No comments:

Post a Comment